I have been struggling with this laundry thing for a while.  All of our clothes have reeked of must/mold, and I have been incredibly frustrated. It’s a front load washer/dryer combo, an LG, and silly me for thinking there might be a manual for it somewhere around the apartment (there is a manual for all other appliances).  I proceeded to look for it online, and came up with nothing. And back to square one…

So today, I noticed there is a leak coming out of the bottom of the washer. Fine, just what I need.  I decide I have to investigate, enough is enough (props to Billy Jean)!  I open up the trap at the bottom, and a gush of water starts to pour out.  WTF. I clean out the trap, look inside, and low and behold, I find the wire from a bra, not my bra, mind you, but someone else’s bra.  So god knows how long it’s been hiding in there, all rusty and causing a ruckus.  I started the washer again and VOILA, it WORKS.  I am so very, very happy!  I can only hope that this stupid trap and this dumb wire was the cause of all my headaches.  I will be certain to post an update after the wash is done to see if it did resolve the issue (because I know you all will be biting your nails, waiting with bated breath for the update).

Advertisements